• Family Favourites (BBC, from 1 August). Sunday lunchtime music request programme.
• Today in Parliament (BBC Home Service, from 9 October). Late-evening parliamentary report.
• Arthur Godfrey Time (CBS, from 30 April). Start of a 27-year run.
• House Party with Art Linkletter (CBS, from 15 January). It runs for the next 22 years, transferring also to television.
• Meet the Press (from 5 October). Current affairs.
• Queen for a Day (NBC, from 29 April). Daytime programming achieves 13m listeners, $1,000 a minute advertising revenue.
• Victor Borge (NBC, from 3 July). Music/comedy, summer replacement for Fibber McGee and Molly.
• Ladies Be Seated (ABC, from 25 February). Variety and game show, transferred from former Blue Network.
• Quiz Kids (ABC). Quiz show featuring children, transferred from former Blue Network, sponsored by Alka Seltzer.