Cultural highlights of 1932
Radio shows: UK
• Music Hall (BBC, from March). Variety show.
• White Coons' Concert Party. (BBC, from August). Musical variety, produced by Harry S Pepper.
Radio shows: US
• Buck Rodgers in the 25th Century (CBS, from 7 November). John Larkin in the title role that he will play until 1947.
• The Carnation Contented Hour (NBC Red Network from 4 January). Musical variety show. It runs for 19 years.
• The Jack Benny Show (NBC, from 2 May). Comedy.
• Joe Palooka (CBS, from 12 April). Comedy thriller.
• The Linit Bath Club Revue (CBS, from 23 October). Variety show in which American comedian Fred Allen begins a 17-year radio career.
• Tarzan of the Apes (American Radio Feature Syndicate, from 12 September). Adventure series. Premiered on 10 September by KHX Hollywood. An early example of pre-recorded syndicated programming.